This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

is it worthwhile waiting for 1.0.4 before switching to CentOS 7?
is it worthwhile waiting for 1.0.4 before switching to CentOS 7?
Just a simple question before i gone switch from CentOS 6 to 7 on my private dedicated server.
Is it worthwhile waiting for Sentora 1.0.4 before switching from CentOS 6 to 7 and need/want to do a total fresh install and reconfigure all domains, sub-domains and everything?

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
RE: is it worthwhile waiting for 1.0.4 before switching to CentOS 7?
It's far better to switch to centos 7.

As always we do our best to offer upgrade scripts.

Notice Ron you can avoir reconfiguring all of the websites manually.

1. Install new sentora.

2. You need a script that recreate the directories or simple backup / restore will do it ( ensure owner is again apache:apache so a chown -R apache:apache /var/sentora will do the trick).

3. Restore the email folder.

4. Backup the DB's ( not mysql schema but all users db's and the panel DB).

5. Build a small script that will recreate DB users and set back permissions ( or do it manually using php my admin).

6. Set all websites to new using like they just had been created or force apache vhost update.

And now you got sentora back on new server.

Feel free to ask over any question. And I think we could even set this in a script.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I also want to change some things on the server (learnt new things and found better ways to do/structure it) too so i want/need to do it all manually.
But thanks for the information.

Just liked to know if the 1.0.4 was nearby, it feels better to install 1.0.4 directly then install 1.0.3 and then upgrade to 1.0.4 on a fresh CentOS 7.
Maybe it's just a feeling but it feels better . Tongue
I know that the developers have other ways to communicate about development and planning so maybe there was some more information, like  probberly in 1 month or 6 months..
This is no way to put pressure on the development or releases it is only of interest.

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
Hello,

Is there a script for back/restore to create a new server. (CentOS 7).
Thanks given by:
nope currently you do it manually and it works fine. All you have to do is backup mysql db forlder/ /var/sentora. Cron's, and sentora used panel folder under /etc/sentora and install new server with sentora and then restore the folders.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: Qtech
(11-06-2017, 08:12 PM)Me.B Wrote: nope currently you do it manually and it works fine. All you have to do is backup mysql db forlder/ /var/sentora. Cron's, and sentora used panel folder under /etc/sentora and install new server with sentora and then restore the folders.

M B

Why is this thread stating that you have to create users etc.

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...nd+restore

Has anyone done a complete A to Z back up restore of sentora server. To be clear. I would like to create a new CentOS server.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to install php 5.6 on centos 6/7 working 100%: DimitarBG 32 246 ,997 07-18-2020, 04:07 AM
Last Post: BloodySky
Does anyone know how to install conntrack tools on centos? socialsp 2 8 ,349 02-19-2018, 08:25 PM
Last Post: socialsp
Sentora vs CentOS Web Panel eduardw 6 24 ,023 05-28-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: joubertredrat