This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Excessive disk usage
Excessive disk usage
There is nothing wrong going at my site currently but I am seeing that my server taking 25gb space in my disk, which shouldn't happen. 
As my db is about 300mb, files are about 10mb or so, and I don't know how much space sentora takes, but I think 25gb is too much as I don't have that much files or anything.

What could it be, server cache? If it is due to that, how to i clear server cache? 

I notice that phpsysinfo shows under mounted file system : 

reiserfs                      /dev/simfs              (rw, usrquota, grpquota) - about 24gb , what is it?

/dev                       devtmpfs            none          (rw, relatime, mode=755, gid=500) - is about 2gb only.
Thanks given by:
RE: Excessive disk usage
You may need to add log rotate
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(10-27-2017, 11:23 PM)Me.B Wrote: You may need to add log rotate

How do i do it?
Thanks given by:
Now, diskspace has crossed over 30Gb, any help so I can sort this out?
Thanks given by:
Check your log folder...
/var/logs/ and /var/sentora/logs/

If it is the logs filling up that quick, something is causing an excessive amount of logging. (But, In general the logs can get very big)

If by chance it is a log, and one is eating up 5gb in just a few days, then there is a serious problem on your server.

One of your websites could be compromised and somebody is uploading files to your server or a site has a LOT of errors being reported, especially if it is a high traffic site.

I'm not sure how you connect to your server, I use WinSCP which is like Filemanager. I can navigate through the folders and see the size of files and permissions and things like that. (And I do use it through SSH also, not just FTP).

If those logs are 'small', then check each domain's log folder. /var/sentora/logs/domains/

The answer is in the log files. It is not Sentora.

Regarding your mention of:

Quote:reiserfs                      /dev/simfs              (rw, usrquota, grpquota) - about 24gb , what is it?

A quick Google search tells us that it is related to disk space:

Quote:It means that your disk space on your VPS is getting full. /dev/simfs = your / = your VPS disk space. It could be an overall node issue, but it's more likely to be an issue specific to your VPS.
I run my own server (Ubuntu 14,04) and have a 500gb HDD on it, With 12 sites, a Sentora zppy repo, a file mirror site and other development sites and a Battlefield 2 game server, I am still only using 12% of space and my server has been online for over 2 years in this current configuration. (I had a Sentora on Windows previously.)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: testing
"I'm not sure how you connect to your server, I use WinSCP which is like Filemanager. I can navigate through the folders and see the size of files and permissions and things like that. (And I do use it through SSH also, not just FTP)."

Thanks for telling my about "WinSCP". It's really good. I went to find out my file in the mentioned folder, and probably it's the SSL-accesslogs and errors, that are causing space to get so high. I will try to fix issue from my side regarding ssl and may be that will solve my problem.
Thanks given by:
It is a good tool right? Good luck sorting it out. We are here if you need us Wink
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Maybe you need to check the backups configuration, the backup compressed files take much space of your disk if you have set the backups purge so long.
Thanks given by:
(10-31-2017, 03:39 PM)gozfly Wrote: Maybe you need to check the backups configuration, the backup compressed files take much space of your disk  if you have set the backups purge so long.

No, issue wasn't due to backup. I don't use backup service and I only host single website. It was due to error logs and working to fix them.
Thanks given by:
Check what snippet of your code is generating the whole logs in your server and fix it, is the first step for solve the problem definitely.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Disk Quota Issues JSmith 5 12 ,685 11-16-2018, 12:39 AM
Last Post: nibaldo
Sentora daemon high memory usage angelorocha 9 17 ,669 12-24-2017, 10:13 AM
Last Post: angelorocha
Critical Error: [0100] Sentora database DISK SPACE FULL shimantoneer 1 5 ,719 02-24-2017, 01:01 AM
Last Post: TGates