This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Nameservers on own domain
Nameservers on own domain
Hello,

I have one server where is my Sentora. I'm a little confused with understanding about nameservers. 

I have few domains and want redirect all domains nameservers to one of them.

For example have domain1.com domain2.com domain3.com and have one maindomain.com

Need to redirect nameservers of domain1.com domain2.com domain3.com to ns1.maindomain.com and ns2.maindomain.com and host it on my Sentora.

How can I register ns1.maindomain.com and ns2.? I need separate DNS server? 

If not understand please tell me to try explain better.

Thank you!
Thanks given by:
RE: Nameservers on own domain
(07-17-2017, 06:41 PM)mares992 Wrote: Hello,

I have one server where is my Sentora. I'm a little confused with understanding about nameservers. 

I have few domains and want redirect all domains nameservers to one of them.

For example have domain1.com domain2.com domain3.com and have one maindomain.com

Need to redirect nameservers of domain1.com domain2.com domain3.com to ns1.maindomain.com and ns2.maindomain.com and host it on my Sentora.

How can I register ns1.maindomain.com and ns2.? I need separate DNS server? 

If not understand please tell me to try explain better.

Thank you!

Hi,
you need to set 2 cname records on the current domain dns server
domain.com A XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (sentora IP)
ns1.domain CNAME domain.com
ns2.domain CNAME domain.com

this records need to be hosted at you domain providers
for the new domain you will change the ns records to your new ns records

good luck
Thanks given by: TGates
(07-17-2017, 09:32 PM)shaylami Wrote: Hi,
you need to set 2 cname records on the current domain dns server
domain.com A XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (sentora IP)
ns1.domain CNAME domain.com
ns2.domain CNAME domain.com

this records need to be hosted at you domain providers
for the new domain you will change the ns records to your new ns records

good luck

Hello,

thank you for reply. Please tell me you mean this

In attachment have two images, only need to submit. This is on my domain provider panel. If it is, what need to do in Sentora?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
if you manage your dns in your domain provider no need to replicate that in sentora.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(07-19-2017, 06:35 PM)Me.B Wrote: if you manage your dns in your domain provider no need to replicate that in sentora.

M B

Hello,

I want from my domain provider to change only nameservers. Need to manage all from sentora. My domain provider is specific and need to call him to change me something on record.
Thanks given by:
EDITED:
I'm follow this
http://docs.sentora.org/?node=53
But without success. I have domain on namecheap micronixservers.com where want to make DNS ns1.micronixservers.com and ns2.micronixservers.com
I need to add apple-servis.rs on this DNS ns1.micronixservers.com and ns2.micronixservers.com
Thanks given by:
They are not setup correctly. ns1.micronixservers.com and ns2.micronixservers.com when entered into your browser should show your panel login by default.

Do you have 1 or 2 IPs?

If you have one, this work around will help you better: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=95 (NOTE: This way is not compliant for redundancy, but it will get you up and running allowing your clients to point their domains at your 'nameservers'.)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(07-30-2017, 09:41 AM)TGates Wrote: They are not setup correctly. ns1.micronixservers.com and ns2.micronixservers.com when entered into your browser should show your panel login by default.

Do you have 1 or 2 IPs?

If you have one, this work around will help you better: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=95 (NOTE: This way is not compliant for redundancy, but it will get you up and running allowing your clients to point their domains at your 'nameservers'.)

Hello TGates,

I'm reinstall Sentora. All is clean now. Again don't working. I have 1 IP address.

From your link http://docs.sentora.org/?node=95 I have already A Records sets (image in attachment) 

But I have error for CNAME
panel         @     1 Hour
ftp         @     1 Hour

I'm for '@' set panel.micronixservers.com and ftp.micronixservers.com. With @ have error.

EDIT

I want to put http://i-expert.rs/ to ns1.micronixservers.com and ns2.micronixservers.com but without success.

Thanks given by:
ns1 is now working and showing your panel login as it should.

where are you trying to set i-expert.rs to point to your name servers? this has to be done at your domain registrar. Then add it in Sentora Domain module and set the default DNS records by going into DNS Manager and selecting i-expert.rs domain. Then wait for the daemon to run and update everything.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2017, 05:28 AM)TGates Wrote: ns1 is now working and showing your panel login as it should.

where are you trying to set i-expert.rs to point to your name servers? this has to be done at your domain registrar. Then add it in Sentora Domain module and set the default DNS records by going into DNS Manager and selecting i-expert.rs domain. Then wait for the daemon to run and update everything.

I'm set ns1.micronixservers.com for i-expert.rs to my domain provider. I'm already add domain to my Sentora and create new DNS record. 

I forgot to say, I'm using VMWare virtualisation for my server.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Primary Domain Directing Me To My Cpanel...How Do I Fix This? franselect 1 4 ,721 07-09-2020, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Jettaman
Issue accessing/pinging 2nd installed domain Fudnut 9 21 ,746 03-14-2019, 04:33 PM
Last Post: fearworks
Domain created but not working. eduardo losf4 8 20 ,919 01-17-2018, 01:22 AM
Last Post: Me.B