This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Daily Backups Period
Daily Backups Period
Ok. So, I've never understood this, even, back in the zPanel day where, when the system creates daily backups, we could only delete previous backups and not be able to choose to download and/or delete them.

FOR EXAMPLE: If I'm away from the server at the time and I need to download a previous copy of a daily backup on any given day that it backed up, maybe, because of something I've changed in my personal portfolio site and I need to grab a file from a previous backup. The problem comes when I can ONLY launch a new backup and not download a previous one.

More so, if a client and/or reseller needs to download a previous backup for the same reason, or, something. What would be the purpose of daily backups being save if admins, resellers and clients could only download a current version and only delete previous versions? It really defeats the purpose of daily backups if they can only be deleted and not downloaded.

This is, more so, referring to both, Windows and Linux Sentora.
Thanks given by:
RE: Daily Backups Period
To download any backup using FTP access or my module "File Manager" it integrated in AWServer with ZPanelX or Sentora for Windows
Thanks given by:
I'll check into making the backup file name a download link... You should be able to just click-to-download any backup.
After a quick look, I'm not sure this can be done securely. FTP would be the way to go for now.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: zHostingSolutions
(09-09-2015, 11:49 AM)MarkDark Wrote: To download any backup using FTP access or my module "File Manager" it integrated in AWServer with ZPanelX or Sentora for Windows

Thanks. But where do I download AWServer from? I've never heard of it. I've only heard of AWStats. Lol. Thanks again.
Thanks given by:
http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1687
Download https://yadi.sk/d/lXfTeFSahMD9u
My website http://awserver.tk is currently not working because my home server for repairs.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Multiple Daily Backups zHostingSolutions 2 7 ,567 10-21-2015, 04:22 PM
Last Post: TGates