This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Confused About SSL Installation
Confused About SSL Installation
I have read through the SSL installation documentation and have gone through the old ZPanel posts and still have some questions about how to install SSL for my Zpanel install.

Excuse my questions as I am not a certificate expert. I have installed many on Windows but not on Linux. I am running Ubuntu 12.4:

I purchased a certificate from GlobeSSL and they gave me three files:
domainname_com.ca-bundle
domainname_com.crt
domainname_com.csr

The documentation references the following. What is the KEY file? Is that the CSR file? These are the files the documentation references and it doesn't completely match with what GlobeSSL provided:
certificate.crt
certificate.key
certificate.ca-bundle

A few questions:
1. What is the KEY file? Is that the CRT file?
2. If I install an SSL cert for 1 domain, will it also apply it to the control panel or just to the domain services (IE. Web page, email, etc)? I see there is separate documentation if you want to apply to control panel vs domain name. I just want to apply for the domain name.

I get the instructions and am just stuck on how to map the files - specifically the KEY file - to the correct files I have.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
RE: Confused About SSL Installation
(08-20-2014, 05:26 AM)smccarthy945 Wrote: A few questions:
1. What is the KEY file? Is that the CRT file?

A key file should be generated at your server (or certificate supplier)

(08-20-2014, 05:26 AM)smccarthy945 Wrote: 2. If I install an SSL cert for 1 domain, will it also apply it to the control panel or just to the domain services (IE. Web page, email, etc)? I see there is separate documentation if you want to apply to control panel vs domain name. I just want to apply for the domain name.

The difference between the 2 sets of instructions, is a domain cert is applied locally (i.e. thru Sentora), whereas the Control Panel Cert is applied to the server (i.e. Globally).

If you apply the cert thru Sentora (as per the instructions) it will only apply to that domain.
***Retail***
SCPH-39002, Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
SCPH-30002 RSW (Automobile Collection Snow White)
SCPH-10000 x2
SCPH-15000
SCPH-18000 x2
DESR-7700
SCPH-2040X x2
Linux Kit
PSBBN V0.20, V0.30
HDD Utility V1.00, V1.01

***Dev***
DTL-H30102 Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
DTL-H20400 - Boxed
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
New installation script and prefered Ubuntu Version? aliceprince 1 4 ,590 08-27-2019, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TGates
to clone 'sentora' installation to another machine gabriel15959 4 7 ,705 06-19-2019, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Me.B
confused to make an decision please help nscloud 4 8 ,315 09-14-2018, 09:52 AM
Last Post: wormsunited