This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Mail MX Errors
Mail MX Errors
Got TLS working, now trying to work through some more Errors in DNS report
https://threatintelligenceplatform.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mail servers response
Connection check
OK
220 panel.mydomain.tld ESMTP
Mail greeting
Warning
Greeting response doesn't contain the mail server's domain name.

mail.mydomain.tld
Accept Postmaster address
Warning
mail.mydomain.tld doesn't allow to set postmaster@mydomain.tld as a recipient.
Accept Abuse address
Warning
mail.mydomain.tld doesn't allow to set abuse@mydomain.tld as a recipient.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DMARC
Warning
DMARC is not configured

1. Why is it reporting panel.mydomain.tld as mail server when all my DNS settings are mail.mydomain.tld ?

2. I created both abuse@ & postmaster@ email addresses, thought that would fix error ?

3. My TLS report is all good |Green OK| but still not able to send emails out. (recieving ok)

4. DMARC is not configured ?

If I find the answer else where i will update this thread so it helps the new people trying out Sentora for the first time. Hopefully they will stick around and become loyal supporters of the project Wink

I've added this at my domain registrar DNS TXT

_DMARC TXT v=DMARC1; p=none

Seems to have stopped the error/warning
Does anyone else know the correct way to set this up ?

[Image: warning.png]
smtp
mail.mydomain.tld
Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner 
dns
mydomain.tld
SOA Serial Number Format is Invalid

dns
mydomain.tld
SOA Expire Value out of recommended range

ANYWAY to correct these ?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Mail MX Errors - by CMs222 - 02-05-2018, 06:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
External mail client cannot connect to server iraqiboy90 2 6 ,147 02-28-2021, 11:34 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
Postfix mail.log to database stikekar 2 7 ,135 03-02-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: TGates
E-mail quota limit danandrade 6 26 ,237 08-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Last Post: speeddemon786