This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cron Issues? Help Please
Cron Issues? Help Please
Hey all

So im having a bit of a strange issue which I cant seem to solve myself, and Im hoping someone can help me with it

I was wanting to setup a simple cron script to run every 10 min's on one of my websites
I made the script and tested it, and it worked fine, I then went to add the cron in the control panel and that added with no problems.

However, the script didnt want to run, and I couldn't figure out why.
I gave up at that point and decided to attack it another day, which was today

I made a simple php script to write "test" to a text file, and loaded that into cron.
Still nothing

So I did a grop for CRON on the syslog and found that the php i was using a few days ago was running every 10 mins.
and the one I just added isnt showing up anywhere

I checked the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/www-data and found the second test php was in there, and nothing aobut the first one, which is the one thats running.

Im not sure where to go from here, Anyone got any ideas?
Im sure its something stupid I have missed

Quick update

I deleted the test cron from the web interface, and checked the spool/cron www-data and can confirm that its gone from there

however the test cron is still showing in syslog every min, and im not sure where its being called from
And the test cron doesnt seems to be running properly either as the text file it writes to is empty
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Cron Issues? Help Please - by pomtom44 - 05-09-2017, 11:48 AM
RE: Cron Issues? Help Please - by TGates - 05-10-2017, 02:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
SO MANY SECURITY ISSUES!! Sentora needs serious updates! aaronlroberts 9 19 ,570 11-24-2018, 01:48 AM
Last Post: siulian
Disk Quota Issues JSmith 5 12 ,764 11-16-2018, 12:39 AM
Last Post: nibaldo
Uninstalled but have cron daemon issues now HELP suprastan 1 4 ,789 10-07-2018, 03:26 AM
Last Post: TGates