This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube
RE: can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube
I know this is old post and marked as not resolved, but, digging around I found a solution which resolved my issue with SMTP error:

I have modified this file:

/etc/sentora/configs/roundcube/roundcube_config.inc.php

replace this line:

$config['smtp_user'] = '%u';

to

$config['smtp_user'] = '';

and replace this line:

$config['smtp_password'] = '%p';

to 

$config['smtp_password'] = '';

// NOTE: '' is TWO ' , and this is not a single " symbol.

Spent 2 weeks re-installing and modifiying configs, but by the end, changes above fixed "smtp error (535) authentication failed" issue.... Yay.... Hope it will help others.

Angel
Thanks given by: TGates , wormsunited

Messages In This Thread
RE: can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube - by Telepuzik - 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to upgrade RoundCube rajeevrrs 0 1 ,727 11-01-2022, 10:19 PM
Last Post: rajeevrrs
Email has suddenly stopped coming through rsthomas 4 4 ,679 10-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
user: 'postfix' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets) cezars 0 2 ,410 02-01-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: cezars