This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

MasqueradeAddress
MasqueradeAddress
Hi

We are new to Sentora and are setting up our first server.   So far the review of this platform has been good.  One of the problems we have had so far is with FTP.   Our server sit behind a firewall and all have a 10.10.x.x. private address.   We do network address translation on the firewall to a real address.   When we try to ftp to the server from the outside of the network we get :

Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead.

Now normally we get past this by adding the following :

MasqueradeAddress 1.2.3.4

But when I add it and try to restart proftp it fails to restart.

The same goes if I try to specifically define which passiveftp ports to use. 

Any help would be great.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
MasqueradeAddress - by Firmusera - 02-26-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: MasqueradeAddress - by Me.B - 02-26-2016, 11:40 PM
RE: MasqueradeAddress - by Firmusera - 02-27-2016, 12:44 AM
RE: MasqueradeAddress - by Me.B - 02-27-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: MasqueradeAddress - by Firmusera - 02-27-2016, 02:38 AM
RE: MasqueradeAddress - by Me.B - 02-27-2016, 03:09 AM
RE: MasqueradeAddress - by Firmusera - 02-27-2016, 03:17 AM
RE: MasqueradeAddress - by Me.B - 02-27-2016, 05:36 AM
RE: MasqueradeAddress - by ras_jack - 03-02-2016, 09:37 AM