This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Email has stopped coming through
Email has stopped coming through
After years of the successful operation of my inhouse Sentora server and third-party managed DNS service (https://freedns.afraid.org), emails are no longer being received into MS Outlook Express. I can send, but not receive.

This is affecting ALL email accounts from several domains.

From Outlook, if I test an account both Incoming and Outgoing pass with no errors, so the problem has to be somewhere on the Server.

Someone had suggested a potential problem revealed at https://intodns.com/rstmarine.com with an MX record setting:
MX name validity
The MX records that do not seem valid hostname:
mail.rstunlimited.company
This can cause problems
but, 1.) I don't know how to make a "valid hostname," and 2.) it has been like this for years.

It is worth $100 US to me in order to get this fixed.

Do I need to reinstall Postfix, Dovecot, Roundcube, or anything else?

If there is one or more log files I can look at, please be specific as to their location.

Since I cannot receive messages sent to my registered Sentora Forums account, please forward replies to rsthomas@gmx.com. Meanwhile, perhaps an administrator can change the email address for me!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Email has stopped coming through - by rsthomas - 06-17-2022, 09:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
change username from email umarzuki@gmail.com 0 1 ,221 11-25-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: umarzuki@gmail.com
spammer email plateform sentora scram 8 13 ,739 04-03-2020, 05:43 PM
Last Post: 5050
PHP script for email Brightfuture_1 2 5 ,650 01-31-2020, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Brightfuture_1