This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Point subdomain to other ip server from sentora
RE: Point subdomain to other ip server from sentora
(04-09-2019, 05:21 PM)MeredithSmith Wrote: Hi all,

I try point sudomain from sentora to other server and ip , i try do this adding A record from DNS manager as this :

For example my domain it´s : domain.com and his ip it´s 1.2.3.4
I want create or use subdomain from this server but hosted in other server with other ip : 5.6.7.8

I use DNS Manager from original server and add A Record 
support.domain.com 86400 IN A 5.6.7.8

In the other server with ip : 5.6.7.8 , using also sentora install i create folder called : support_domain_com and , the problem it´s this don´t works , i don´t know if i do the right for this i pay here some help for can fix this problem, because i think some step it´s bad

Thanks

It is not good practice to split subdomains and domains across servers when using Sentora, for various technical reasons. Yes, this can be achieved in different ways using different server technologies, but with Sentora, you should try to keep all subdomains of a domain together with the domain on one server.

Keith.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Point subdomain to other ip server from sentora - by fearworks - 04-09-2019, 06:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,997 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,161 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,572 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel