This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Time to give up on Suhosin?
Time to give up on Suhosin?
@tgates once mentioned in a post that we're still waiting for the Suhosin project to support PHP 7 and that's why we're all stuck on Ubuntu 14.04 and PHP 5.... and that re-writing the entire security layer would be the only other option..

Please can you consider this as a realistic option? It's been way too long since any work was done for suhosin and php7.

Even Wikipedia informs that https://snuffleupagus.readthedocs.io/ will be the replacement... it just seems like this "waiting for Suhosin" is like waiting for pigs to fly...sure, maybe ONE DAY it will be possible, but for the time being, they're firmly on the ground and it's still highly unlikely they will ever fly, or anyone will bother to try.

I think it's time to admit defeat with this issue and pump some life back into the best open source control panel!

There were even updates to Snuffleupagus as recent as Dec 21, 2018.

0.4.1 - Loxodonta 2018/12/21
Improvements
Improve and clarify the documentation
Add support for PHP7.3
Improve the coverage, we have reached 99% of coverage
Improve mb_string hooking logic
The script that check uploaded file is now available in PHP
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Time to give up on Suhosin? - by aaronlroberts - 02-19-2019, 01:04 PM
RE: Time to give up on Suhosin? - by Me.B - 04-06-2019, 06:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to give the cliens file manager access to their respective domain directory vsvinit0 4 9 ,042 10-09-2019, 10:05 PM
Last Post: vsvinit0
Suhosin is a dead project. How will Sentora move on to PHP 7.x? worksmarter 16 39 ,314 07-28-2019, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Can I remove suhosin on non sharing sentora vps? maximus___ 1 3 ,945 04-17-2019, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Me.B