This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Connecting to mail on other clients (iphone)
RE: Connecting to mail on other clients (iphone)
(01-24-2019, 02:02 AM)mohamedh Wrote: @fearwoks,

according to panel/?module=services
"HTTP (port 80 is open)
FTP (port 21 is open)
SMTP (port 25 is open)
POP3 (port 110 is open)
IMAP (port 143 is open)
MySQL (port 3306 is open)
DNS (port 53 is open)
"

So I guess the ports are fine, also, I tried to connect with the ip directly and it didn't work, and I remember trying years ago before using cloudflare and it never worked, but for now I turned off their protection, the domain points directly to the server's ip.
Do you have any suggestions? I can offer an access to sentora if you wish, or create a test email and give you the password to see if it works with external clients

Unfortunately the Services page does not indicate which ports are open to the outside world, it only shows which ports the server itself is getting a response from, so there could still be a firewall blocking a port somewhere. If you want to PM me your server IP and/or hostname, and set up a test mail account for me, I don't mind taking a look. Don't give me server access details yet as the first thing I would do is try to diagnose what the problem is from an external network's point of view, and then if I need to have a look on the actual server we can sort that out later.

Keith.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting to mail on other clients (iphone) - by fearworks - 01-24-2019, 09:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Get TLS/SSL for Sentora Mail EGOSKY123 5 11 ,970 07-25-2020, 04:03 PM
Last Post: 5050
Not connecting to repo zustudios 2 6 ,314 12-23-2019, 03:24 AM
Last Post: zustudios
mail() don't working BigBang 3 7 ,163 08-13-2018, 08:32 AM
Last Post: wormsunited