This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SO MANY SECURITY ISSUES!! Sentora needs serious updates!
RE: SO MANY SECURITY ISSUES!! Sentora needs serious updates!
Sorry if the post came across rude, but it seems that Sentora has been dead in the water for a while. The problem is that if there are indeed only two people working on it, then efforts need to be made to recruit / locate additional people to offer assistance.

Security is important, and I run the apt-get update / apt-get upgrade commands weekly, there are no new updates which will affect the mentioned security issues.

I'm a little hesitant to upload my security report directly here, as it could possibly be used to exploit the problem mentioned as there URLS and Directories listed in the report.

My point is, Sentora is way behind, it's not even acceptable to request users to use the old versions of PHP and Sentora should be updated to include the latest version of PHP (or at least the ability to choose), an up-to-date OS with the latest security and background processes as well as upgradability as time goes on.

I really love this panel, I've used plenty more, including a new service called CyberPanel, but honestly, I just prefer Sentora's feel and the fact I know my way around the back end enough to make the necessary changes.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SO MANY SECURITY ISSUES!! Sentora needs serious updates! - by aaronlroberts - 11-19-2018, 10:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,937 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,121 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,527 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel