This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HOW TO] How to secure your sentora panel with SSL (HTTPS) easy guide
RE: [Thread moved] How to secure your sentora panel with SSL (HTTPS) easy guide
I have now posted my issue with using Let'sEncrypt to that forum thread, thanks.

----> http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...3#pid18523
(11-17-2016, 02:46 PM)TGates Wrote: This is an older version. You may want to review this newer tutorial: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=3096

Thank you for replying, but my sole purpose at this point is only to secure the panel subdomain and everything I have tried fails. The one you referred me to is the only one I have not tried as it is intended for the doc root.

I had really high hopes for the LetsEncrypt procedure, but that went pretty much like all of the other methods and simply breaks Apache. And it left me with nothing in any of the logs about the failure. Do you have any help on this procedure for me?

----> Let's Encrypt for Sentora Login

I got one method to work, but I had to comment the "Listen *:443" and such at the top of the file as it was not letting Apache bind to any ports for they were already in use; it then kept adding them back at every cron job execution. Just a thought, could this be the bug I saw noted about CentOS loading additional configs?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

(platform is CentOS 6.8...)
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Thread moved] How to secure your sentora panel with SSL (HTTPS) easy guide - by worksmarter - 11-18-2016, 05:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Secure Sentora With SSLForFree Chris L 1 4 ,623 01-22-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: ralphharder
Fail2ban for Sentora (Centos 7) bbspike 14 44 ,501 01-14-2020, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Vedran B
Timeout for Sentora Admin Panel minufreelance 12 44 ,997 11-24-2018, 12:33 PM
Last Post: fearworks