This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Request: Ubuntu 14.04 support
RE: Request: Ubuntu 14.04 support
I would like to install on a 14.04 install if possible
Thanks given by:
(08-29-2014, 09:56 PM)swingline99 Wrote: I would like to install on a 14.04 install if possible

(08-23-2014, 07:50 AM)5050 Wrote: The new installer Ubuntu 12.04/14.04) is ready (i used it today and all seems working), but need validation.

Do you have an Ubuntu box with fresh ubuntu server 14.04 install where you can run it and reinstall if required ?
If yes please contact me by PM and I will send you a copy for test and validation.
***Retail***
SCPH-39002, Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
SCPH-30002 RSW (Automobile Collection Snow White)
SCPH-10000 x2
SCPH-15000
SCPH-18000 x2
DESR-7700
SCPH-2040X x2
Linux Kit
PSBBN V0.20, V0.30
HDD Utility V1.00, V1.01

***Dev***
DTL-H30102 Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
DTL-H20400 - Boxed
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2014, 03:37 AM)Jigsaw Hosting Group Wrote:
(08-29-2014, 09:56 PM)swingline99 Wrote: I would like to install on a 14.04 install if possible

(08-23-2014, 07:50 AM)5050 Wrote: The new installer Ubuntu 12.04/14.04) is ready (i used it today and all seems working), but need validation.

Do you have an Ubuntu box with fresh ubuntu server 14.04 install where you can run it and reinstall if required ?
If yes please contact me by PM and I will send you a copy for test and validation.
I sent a PM yesterday. looking forward to trying it out. I will be installing on a small home testing server.
Thanks given by:
Hi,

Infos to the few beta-testers who have received the link to the Ubuntu 14.04 installer :

A few bug was reported :
- with Apache 2.4, Options must have ALL "+" or "-' prefix, or none. This is a cause of fail to start Apache.

- a variable $customPort was remaining in apache2 configurator that have to be renamed to $customPorts. It was correct on GitHub, but not reported to the tagged version. The installer fixes it until a new tagged branch is issued.

- the core version was not setup in DB cache, it is fixed to 1.0.0

I apologize for the two first : I saw them, corrected manually my server so fast that I forget to fix the installer between a bunch of other fixes. :-(

The installer at url which you have received by MP have been corrected. You are welcome to redo an install with it.

Thank you for your help !
Thanks given by:
under install it hangs

[Image: sentora_hangs.PNG]

Update:
the install on my local vmware no hangs

so no install on digitalocean server :/

and maybe making a forum section only "beta" test can talk in too so it does not get mixed by normally user chat
Sentora 1.0.3 on [Image: DO_Logo_Horizontal_Blue-3db19536.png]

-= Github =-  -= My Repo =-

My Modules
Thanks given by:
Hi,

While the installer is in beta state and not officially disclosed, please report only by PM to avoid outdated messages on the forum when it will be out. Thank you.

I want to thank here beta testers who helped : tlillieskold, buecker, MonkeyDrone and Diablo925.

All the problems reported have got a solution, I have now to analyse if these solutions are the best and secure enough, according to the team for some where I am not competent enough alone.

Wait on line ! :-)
Thanks given by:
To beta testers

The install script have been updated to correct these issues :

- Apache not starting because of missing + before ExecCGI
- Try to issue the problem of very long time waiting after display of "Processing triggers for ufw (0.34~rc-0ubuntu2)" perhaps due to "rndc-confgen -a", + added some timestamp marks in the log to have more infos to better localize the problem if it is not solved.

A tester reported also a problem with PHP temp path when install at OVH. Correction is not yet in this version because we have to investigate about the better solution and security.

It will be welcome if people who have the long wait problem can run it one time and report, because i cannot reproduce it myself. :-(
Thanks given by:
Hi again,

The last issue have been corrected and the installer patched :
On some install (but not all) that succeeded without error, it was not possible to login to the panel due to an "invalid token" because of bad session storage.

It is due to a miss in config of /var/lib/php5 directory access rights, addressed by the last patch of the installer.

You are welcome to test it and report.
Thanks given by:
Hi,
Is there any update on the 14.04 installer?
Thanks given by:
Hi,

I'm pleased to tell I just pushed the installer for both ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04
It installs fine sentora (beta) tag 1.0.0.

You will find it here : https://github.com/sentora/sentora-insta...nd%2012_04
Thanks given by: namhoang , Me.B

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
OS - Ubuntu 18.04 or Centos 8 Qrash 1 4 ,550 01-18-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Jettaman
Ubuntu 18.04 vaxition 1 4 ,053 08-06-2020, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Jettaman
Php5.6 on ubuntu possible? lorenaustin 0 2 ,188 06-11-2020, 01:01 AM
Last Post: lorenaustin