This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to install php 5.6 on centos 6/7 working 100%:
How to install php 5.6 on centos 6/7 working 100%:
Hi,
1: yum install epel*
2: yum update / yum upgrade
3:
Code:
CentOS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x
wget http://rpms.famillecollet.com/enterprise/remi-release-6.rpm
sudo rpm -Uvh remi-release-6*.rpm

CentOS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x
wget http://rpms.famillecollet.com/enterprise/remi-release-7.rpm
sudo rpm -Uvh remi-release-7*.rpm
4: yum update / yum upgrade
5: yum --enablerepo=remi,remi-php56 update
6: yum --enablerepo=remi,remi-php56 upgrade
7: reboot
8: php -v Big Grin

working on 100%
Angel
Thanks given by: maniteja , akshalikas , wormsunited
RE: How to install php 5.6 :
NOTE:
Best make sure you don't update your php too much or your customers may freak out as their scripts/sites may stop working Confused Not many developers have updated their scripts to php5.4 let alone php5.6

Also, have you tested ALL of the panel's functionality with php.5.6? It was built on 5.3/5.4 and some feature may not work Sad
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: DimitarBG
Hmm all is working Big Grin suhosin 100% phpmyadmin mail all Big Grin
I find this method for stable to upgrade php Big Grin
Angel
Thanks given by: TGates
Really all is working fine... other methods to upgrade php is bad.. Big Grin
Angel
Thanks given by:
RE: How to install php 5.6 on centos 6/7 working 100%:
Hi I was stuck trying to update php, I tried this method, so far with some testing to zpanel backend and a test joomla install it seems to work without issue using php 5.6.4, not comprehensively tested backend though, I will post if I find an issue
Thanks given by: TGates
This method above don't work and suhosin is not loaded!

Quote:PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/module                s/suhosin.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/suhosin.so: undefined symbol: php_checkui                d in Unknown on line 0
PHP 5.6.4 (cli) (built: Dec 17 2014 16:47:40)
Copyright © 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright © 1998-2014 Zend Technologies

You will need to compile AGAIN suhosin!

To do so:

Code:
cd /tmp
wget -nv -O suhosin.zip https://github.com/stefanesser/suhosin/archive/suhosin-0.9.37.zip
unzip -q suhosin.zip
rm -f suhosin.zip
cd suhosin-suhosin-0.9.37
phpize &> /dev/null
./configure &> /dev/null
make &> /dev/null
make install
cd ..
rm -rf suhosin-suhosin-0.9.37

so you will get:

Quote:PHP 5.6.4 (cli) (built: Dec 17 2014 16:47:40)
   with Suhosin v0.9.37-dev, Copyright © 2007-2014, by SektionEins GmbH

Notice updating PHP to 5.6 is updating mysql to 5.5 too... and could cause later big issues when centos push updates that would conflict with remi!

I don't advice to do so!

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: Luisfm
Oops yeah suhosin not working post php upgrade until you rebuild it, no difference on mysql for me though, sentora make mariadb 5.5.40 and this didnt change, i am testing on centos7, are you testing on 7 or 6.5 me.b? Interesting thought about future upgrades borking it though
Thanks given by:
centos 6.x
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2015, 08:33 PM)handsomechap Wrote: Oops yeah suhosin not working post php upgrade until you rebuild it, no difference on mysql for me though, sentora make mariadb 5.5.40 and this didnt change, i am testing on centos7, are you testing on 7 or 6.5 me.b? Interesting thought about future upgrades borking it though
Please note that on the CentOS wiki, on the "Available Repositories for CentOS" page (http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories) the "Les RPM de Remi repository" is under the section "Known Problem Repositories" because it replaces core packages.

After a thorough research, my opinion is that the best choice is to use the IUS Community Repo (http://iuscommunity.org/) that provides the "latest upstream versions of PHP, Python, MySQL". It is sponsored by internal work at Rackspace, and this means that it's not a one-man project, but something that Rackspace uses to deliver its services.

I updated a CentOS 6.6 server using this repo and now I have PHP 5.6.4 working with no problem.

Currently I have Zpanel on three CentOS 6.6 servers, and I am going to thest the Sentora beta on a CentOS 7 server, and later migrate the Zpanel servers to Sentora, as soon as it will be stable and with the migration tool available.
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2015, 07:58 AM)Me.B Wrote: This method above don't work and suhosin is not loaded!

Quote:PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/module                s/suhosin.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/suhosin.so: undefined symbol: php_checkui                d in Unknown on line 0
PHP 5.6.4 (cli) (built: Dec 17 2014 16:47:40)

You will need to compile AGAIN suhosin!

To do so:

Code:
cd /tmp
wget -nv -O suhosin.zip https://github.com/stefanesser/suhosin/archive/suhosin-0.9.37.zip
unzip -q suhosin.zip
rm -f suhosin.zip
cd suhosin-suhosin-0.9.37
phpize &> /dev/null
./configure &> /dev/null
make &> /dev/null
make install
cd ..
rm -rf suhosin-suhosin-0.9.37

so you will get:

Quote:PHP 5.6.4 (cli) (built: Dec 17 2014 16:47:40)
   with Suhosin v0.9.37-dev, Copyright © 2007-2014, by SektionEins GmbH

Notice updating PHP to 5.6 is updating mysql to 5.5 too... and could cause later big issues when centos push updates that would conflict with remi!

I don't advice to do so!

M B

no M B remi include suhosin package

Code:
rm -f /usr/lib64/php/modules/suhosin.so

yum --enablerepo=remi,remi-php56 -y install php-suhosin

php -v

Code:
PHP 5.6.6 (cli) (built: Feb 19 2015 10:30:11)

Copyright (c) 1997-2015 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2015 Zend Technologies
    with Suhosin v0.9.37.1, Copyright (c) 2007-2014, by SektionEins GmbH

info package

Code:
================================================================================================================================================

Package                          Architecture               Version                                        Repository                    Size
================================================================================================================================================
Install:
 php-suhosin                     x86_64                     0.9.37.1-1.el6.remi.5.6                        remi-php56                     102 k
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to install SSL certificate in clients website chgener 6 23 ,307 02-16-2021, 01:56 AM
Last Post: mlinke
Questions regarding install and config procedures nathanstotts 0 3 ,808 08-21-2018, 11:44 PM
Last Post: nathanstotts
Does anyone know how to install conntrack tools on centos? socialsp 2 8 ,404 02-19-2018, 08:25 PM
Last Post: socialsp