This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Problems with install Ubuntu 14.04
Problems with install Ubuntu 14.04
I am having lots of problems trying to install Sentora on ubuntu 14.04. When Sentora tries to disable apparmor, ubuntu will loose desktop and then do nothing. I did fix that by disabling mei-me. Now after install is complete, system will not reboot. I have to turn off and reboot it. As ubuntu comes up it ask for cp login and password. I input zadmin and the password but says it wrong. What am I doing wrong? By the way I can install Zpanel with no problems.
Thanks given by:
RE: Problems with install Ubuntu 14.04
Hi,
Sentora (and ZPanel) have always been designed and built to be installed on "minimal" ubuntu server edition, because a server require fast response, low latency, high security against software security holes, etc. May be zpanel worked, but I cannot tell if it was by choice or by chance!

I even never have had the idea to install a desktop version of Ubuntu on a server, even for the old computer that I used as test machine, and I'm pretty sure that nobody in the team did it....

So I'm afraid that our experience with it is close to zero and that we will not be very efficient for a such help.

May be some user here did it for a "private test server" ?

BTW, my opinion is : do not install a (public) (production) server on an Ubuntu (or any other OS) desktop version : it was not designed nor optimized for that. Use Ubuntu (or any other os) server version.
Thanks given by:
Sentora should be installed on minimal OS. That mean no desktop! Nothing beside the minimal packages that the os need to run!

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks all for the fast replies. I got it to work. The problem is with the installer. When it goes to remove apparmor there must be something incorrect that will crash my system. What I had to do is start zpanel installer and have it remove the apparmor. I stopped it at that point and rebooted the system. Then I ran the installer for Sentora and is now running great. Ill have to see what is different between how Sentora removes apparmor from Zpanel.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
apt-get install mod_ssl ERROR CMs222 9 25 ,389 11-11-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: zustudios
OS - Ubuntu 18.04 or Centos 8 Qrash 1 4 ,550 01-18-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Jettaman
Install guide wget over http? edavidf 5 9 ,168 12-15-2020, 07:07 PM
Last Post: jibranahmed