This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Installer ETA?
RE: Installer ETA?
(10-29-2014, 07:19 PM)ZeroT Wrote: I've said something similar before but IMO Sentora still carries some bad karma from the sudden dropping of Zpanel and users being left in the lurch, there needs to be better feedback and progress from the devs rather than users just checking the Announcements section multiple times a day for a release post to find yet again still no update and left wondering will it ever happen. I've been checking daily for around 6 weeks and starting to lose faith.

Zpanel project have an owner. They didn't react & push the project as expected. The volunteer team moved off and tried our best to offer this fork.

We had been testing the new installers & patches for over 3 month's! On almost daily basis. Beside we had a lot of work to do in our businesses & daily job! Rebuilding the installer for 4 os's while changing a lot of variables for rebranding/ path's and by the way fixing some old bugs is not an easy task. On each milestone we had to test against at least 4 os's Ubuntu 12 then 14 & centos 6 & 7 and some time 32/64 bits flavor from time to time to validate.

Tom pointed you could check Github as any one should see the commit flowing in and fixes:
https://github.com/sentora/sentora-core/commits/master
You can read that and see time stamp changes and this apply only to CORE while the installers had another branch.

The installers:
https://github.com/5050/sentora-installe...its/master
And this after we finished the first step as we build an installer for each OS first that worked & it took some time to build validate one for ubuntu 14 then Centos 7. Then we started the real work as we merged all the installers into one & all related config files.

We do our best to get this released and you can check now that we have a public BETA.
http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=557

We were avoiding to release a less stable beta & again this beta is not meant for production mainly to help us fixing the last bugs!

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
RE: Installer ETA?
(11-01-2014, 03:09 AM)kevq Wrote: ZeroT, the devs might be able to correct me if I'm wrong here - I thought Sentora was only going to support Linux, not Windows??
You are correct Sentora will not support Windows, that was my point, I will need to do a complete fresh install as the update scripts are Linux only so will be of no use to me. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rebuild sentora installer gozfly 1 4 ,897 11-01-2017, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Me.B
Debian 7 & 8 Support installer issues chwn21 19 58 ,373 05-18-2016, 04:42 AM
Last Post: TomThomson
Installer bomber_stoke 1 5 ,413 12-15-2015, 06:20 AM
Last Post: bomber_stoke