This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Ubuntu: How to setup TLS on postfix and dovecot
RE: Ubuntu: How to setup TLS on postfix and dovecot
Great it worked!! Smile
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
will give it a try in the morning. and report back.
Thanks given by:
This worked pretty good for me, except for the fact that I haven't access to the mail anymore. If I try to send an email via smtp it works, but when I try to access to the webmail it said IMAP server doesn't respond, so I had to disable the part concerning Dovecot. What can be happened?

Then when i ran:
Code:
openssl req -new -x509 -extensions v3_ca -keyout /etc/postfix/ssl/cakey.pem -out /etc/postfix/ssl/cacert.pem -days 3650

It asked me for a PEM pass phrase, and It's required, but then where I have to use in?
Quote:Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key
........................................................................................................................................+++
...........................................................................+++
writing new private key to '/etc/postfix/ssl/cakey.pem'
Enter PEM pass phrase:
139671356200592:error:28069065:lib(40):UI_set_result:result too small:ui_lib.c:869:You must type in 4 to 1024 characters
139671356200592:error:0906406D: PEM routines: PEM_def_callback: problems getting password:pem_lib.c:111:
139671356200592:error:0907E06F: PEM routines: DO_PK8PKEY:read key: pem_pk8.c:130:

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
you can remove the password from the .pem file. Not recommended but solve a lot of issues.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
not work Sad
[Image: BeiuQ66.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I followed the setup but whenever I try to check using "http://checktls.com/perl/TestReceiver.pl" I receive the following, am I missing something, I also noticed that port #143 & Crons just started working..... close not sure why. If you need any more information please just let me know.

Thanks

Quote:seconds

test stage and result
[000.042]

Connected to server
[030.045]

Read failed (reason: timed out )
[030.045]
<--

[030.045]

We are not allowed to connect
[030.046]
-->
QUIT
[040.633]
<--
Thanks given by:
Never mind I must have done something wrong, I restored original files from backup and then started over and it worked great.

This is a great tutorial

Thanks
Thanks given by:
(02-20-2015, 07:46 PM)Me.B Wrote: you setup only TLS on main domain used for reverse! and you point to it using MX instead of each having another MX.

M B

Do you mean that on any other domain I need to add the host with the ssl into the MX record and remove the one that has for every each one?

domain> DNS Manager>  Select domain then click on MX and replace the target?

Thanks

I know this is ubuntu I use both centos and ubuntu
Thanks given by:
Two questions:
1. Can I use my letsencrypt certificate for the server that's already in place? So my Sentora server is larlee.uniquelyyourshosting.biz and I have installed a letsencrypt cert for that subdomain. Can I use the paths to that cert for postfix and dovecot? Then I would set up an mx record pointing to larlee.uniquelyyourshosting.biz instead of "mail"?
2. Can I set the mx record for ALL my hosted domains to larlee.uniquelyyourshosting.biz? In other words that would become the defacto default mail server for all domains.

Thank you!
Thanks given by:
(04-27-2015, 04:49 AM)adrianknight Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 06:18 PM)apinto Wrote: I have my TLS setup on the mx.domain.tld
Use this test to check if your TLS ison the right domain:
http://checktls.com/perl/TestReceiver.pl

You should see something simlar to this:
Cert VALIDATED: ok
Cert Hostname VERIFIED (mail.domain.tld = mail.domain.tld)

Thank you! That worked. I got my TLS setup on mail.domain.tld too Big Grin

Hi,

I have my TLS setup on my mail.domain.com and i do have another sub domain call sub.domain.com. my mail for mail.sub.domain.com is not able to be connected securely through my mail client at port 587. my mail.domain.com is able to send and receive email without any error. i have create 2 account namely mail.domain.com and mail.sub.domain.com at my email client. The server would be using for multiple domain hosting. Can you guys assist in pointing me to the right direction?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 from 14.04 HogensHero 8 27 ,136 07-18-2020, 03:13 AM
Last Post: dycott78
Ubuntu: How to Enable tls/ssl in proftpd Diablo925 2 11 ,708 04-21-2020, 03:35 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
Ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04 Kangarooo 1 6 ,097 03-20-2020, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Jettaman