This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

ProFTP is not installed
ProFTP is not installed
Hello,

The error I've had is that the FTP service doesn't install when installing sentora. It just says "nothing to be done" then moves on. Then the port is displayed as closed.

I tried to install VSFTPD and that opened the port. What can I do I want to get FTP working. I read a post and it said to look at "/var/sentora/logs/proftpd/auth.log" but that file does not exist.

Unless there is a way to tell Sentora to use VSFTPD.
Once I had installed VSFTPD the port displayed as open

I've tried to re-install ProFTPD but when again it says "nothing to do" then when I try to start it I get:
"Job for proftpd.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status proftpd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details."

I am honestly lost as I am not that good at linux
The page I'm following is "https://www.tecmint.com/install-proftpd-in-centos-7/"

I've re-installed the Minimal version of Centos 7 multiple times but yet it does not install ProFTPD as there is "nothing to do" when the OS was literally just installed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
RE: ProFTP is not installed
Me.B was supposed to sort this out, my only suggestion is use Ubuntu 14.04 unless Me.B has a solution.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Ok thank you for the response, I will try using Ubuntu 14.04
Thanks given by:
I seem to be unable to install on Ubuntu 14.04 due to a blank screen during install.
Hopefully Me.B has a suggestions.
Thanks given by:
(04-13-2018, 03:40 AM)itzdaniel483 Wrote: I seem to be unable to install on Ubuntu 14.04 due to a blank screen during install.
Hopefully  Me.B has a suggestions.
Interesting... blank screen when? I have done many Ubuntu installs for myself and other users with no issues. I'm sure you used a minimal install of Ubuntu and no GUI.
Does the install log show anything?

Thanks given by:
When Ubuntu installs I do get a desktop which Im guessing is the GUI, then after I've entered the sub-domain and IP etc it says "disabling and uninstalling AppArmor" then the desktop icons slowly start to dissapear, leaving only the background with the cursor. Then upon reboot it only boots with a command console.

Am I installing the wrong version Ubuntu?

I was attempting to install a ISO file that was 964MB however I searched for a "minimum" version and found one that was 37MB which I am now trying
Thanks given by:
Hello,

Installing that version seems to have worked, thank you for helping me with my issue, FTP now works!

Have a good day/night.

Regards Daniel Smile
Thanks given by:
Yes, it was the wrong package of Ubuntu.. Glad you found the right one and solved your problem. Cool

Thanks given by:
Hi,

I am using CentOS and I believe I may have found the reason why this error is occurring. You can see my post here:

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...3#pid23193

and my correction to my original post here:

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...2#pid23202

Keith
Thanks given by: