This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Is the Senatora project dead?
Is the Senatora project dead?
Its a very basic question, is the Senatora project dead?

Do you need help?

What about the senatora project?

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
RE: Is the Senatora project dead?
And to very basically answer your question: No. Sentora is not dead.
You can help by contributing on GitHub: https://github.com/sentora/
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(03-16-2018, 02:44 AM)TGates Wrote: And to very basically answer your question: No. Sentora is not dead.
You can help by contributing on GitHub: https://github.com/sentora/

If it's not dead, when will it support php7? Wordpress 4.9.5 doesn't play well with php5 now.

I'm ramping back up my hosting business and would be happy to donate to the project, monetarily, but I would have to know where on the roadmap is php7
Thanks given by:
http://forums.sentora.org/announcements.php?aid=1

Thanks given by:
OK. I want to join in this to say that I think that the Sentora team is saying the current version 1.0.3 system files and modules are not ready for the change. But I believe we can change that faster than we think. I have been doing some studying for the last 2 years to learn more about apache 2.4, php 5.2, 5.4. 5.6 With suhosin and possible 7 with fastcgi and php-fpm with user separated pools allow us to use it on Sentora with vhosts only using disable functions in default php7 php.ini file. It should allow us to block all functions and overwrites in domain directory’s and .htaccess files. It’s really all in the config process and really a rebuild on the sentora apache_module, domains, mange clients for permissions with maybe adding some sub modules to call in apache_module and settings to make changes for user/domains that use php 7 for user creation and pool config. Really not that hard. Plus the PHP switch ive been seeing around. Just need to add some changes and rewrite a few scripts plus and ssl support along the way :-). Im not saying this is a easy defeat but it can be done. Google it. IT IS POSSIBLE. There are many other open source systems running it this way. 

I need some real coders with some time on there hands to help me with this.
Coders Need to have some serious developing skills and full understanding of Sentora code and structure.
Need to understand the limits of suhosin commands and possibilities to make php pools and config files. (I think we should be ok. correct me if I’m wrong. Just leave Control panel on PHP 5.5 or 5.6 and allow PHP7 with functions disabled by default). No problem. Let me know what you guys think. 

Serious replies or PM only. 

Sentora is slowing down and not looking at the big picture. Sentora's Future to evolve. We need more coders like myself to help the Sentora team create these possibilities.  I’m hoping to create a github with a rewroked edition. Allowing *Development ONLY* to start and get things rolling with full support of the Sentora team by our side to validate our code and function changes. LETS DO THIS.
-Jettaman-

NEW: Sentora v.2.0.1 has been released!!!

Sentora's quick recovery depends on community support and donations. We need to stand as one and help Sentora into the future.

Donate HERE and do your part. We thank you for your support.
Thanks given by:
All help is always welcome but better we do it together. I'm a bit too busy mys self even if I see all the solution we need to go beyon suhosin.

We need indeed to adapt to fast-cgi but also to change totally how we manage vhosts to support SSL using templates.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(05-17-2018, 06:24 PM)Me.B Wrote: All help is always welcome but better we do it together. I'm a bit too busy mys self even if I see all the solution we need to go beyon suhosin.

We need indeed to adapt to fast-cgi but also to change totally how we manage vhosts to support SSL using templates.

M B

Thank you Me.B for responding. I love the quick response. shows you monitor the forums often. :-) Im hoping to get a response from all active members for the Sentora team. This is important to get responses so we can get a game plan. Thank you for everyone's support here. Lets make Sentora evolve together.
-Jettaman-

NEW: Sentora v.2.0.1 has been released!!!

Sentora's quick recovery depends on community support and donations. We need to stand as one and help Sentora into the future.

Donate HERE and do your part. We thank you for your support.
Thanks given by:
TGates can reply too and you are welcome.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I'm here Angel 

Just a busy time of year for me. Cool

Thanks given by:
I like sentora because its open source and it helps me reduce my cost of any other paid control panel so I would say its awesome that you guys are working hard to keep it alive. I am not a big programmer or anything but if there is anything I can do to help it stay alive I would be happy to do it.

I would be very sad if sentora goes dead.
Thanks given by: