This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

RainLoop Webmail Client-more easy acces?
RainLoop Webmail Client-more easy acces?
Hi
every one 
I have installed the good Webmail Client 'RainLoop'.
the normal way to have acces this client is:
http://mydomain.com/modules/Rainloop_webmail/app/
Any Idea to create a subdomain to have acces to this module like:
webmail.mydomain.com

thanks
Kreotuweb ---- Web solution in cuba.--- Web development & Web Design -- Hosting

[Image: K2w-logo.jpg]
Thanks given by:
RE: RainLoop Webmail Client-more easy acces?
A search of the forums would have shown you:
#Using Custom Vhost Entries for Webmail, MySQL, Etc.  -The way you are asking
#[How-To] Set up /webmail or /mysql for all domains  -Much easier, safer and universal way to do it.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
In http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=495
I get lost in

Quote:Module Admin>Apache Config>Override a Virtual Host Setting>[select domain]>Custom Entry

(Customize file/folder paths to work with your server setup.)

and I try with
Quote:
Code:
Alias /webmail /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/
as a Global Vhost Entry in Module Admin > Apache Config.
This allows all domains and subdomains to use domain.com/webmail to access roundcube and has worked without flaw for a few years now.
(I also use a similar variation for external phpmyadmin login.)
Doing it this way also prevents clients from having to add a webmail record to their DNS settings. Much easier for everybody

but i see 404 error not found

On th other hand I can Not have acces to:

Quote:http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1214

Thanks given by:
finally done fallowing this:
http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=495

Thanks given by:
Using this way: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1214 you do not have to mess with any DNS changes or anything. That is why it is easier and ALL domains you add to your server will have access to webmail/mysql using domain.com/webmail or domain.com/mysql
Another benefit of using the /webmail style is that you do not need to add another SSL certificate for it because your domain's SSL will protect it.

I am not sure why 'you get lost'.

But after reviewing that post, I have updated it to what I am currently using and it is even EASIER to use than the previous instructions Wink

Only one copy-and-paste and it's done. I think the issue you had was that apache was not restarted after the changes were made. I just updated my server with the information in the update post and I also had to restart apache manually.

There may be a bug on the apache restart. I will try and find some time to look into it.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2017, 07:37 AM)TGates Wrote: Using this way: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1214 you do not have to mess with any DNS changes or anything. That is why it is easier and ALL domains you add to your server will have access to webmail/mysql using domain.com/webmail or domain.com/mysql
Another benefit of using the /webmail style is that you do not need to add another SSL certificate for it because your domain's SSL will protect it.

I am not sure why 'you get lost'.

But after reviewing that post, I have updated it to what I am currently using and it is even EASIER to use than the previous instructions Wink

Only one copy-and-paste and it's done. I think the issue you had was that apache was not restarted after the changes were made. I just updated my server with the information in the update post and I also had to restart apache manually.

There may be a bug on the apache restart. I will try and find some time to look into it.

Thanks one again
I allredy have working webmail.mydomain.com using virtual host configuration, and adding the respective DNS A records in my setora and domain register.

But I would like to setup using Global VHost Entry, for all the benefit that you mention in you reply. So I add
Alias /webmail /etc/sentora/panel/modules/Rainloop_webmail/app/ in Global VHost Entry (mudule admin/Apache config) and after that I restart apache service.
Then whe I try to get biden.com/webmail the answer is:

Quote:Error 403 - Access Forbidden

You are not authorised to view this page or directory....
This may be due to the following reasons:-

1. The web server is setup to disable directory listings.
  2. You supplied an incorrect user/password when attempting to browse this area.
If you believe you are getting this error message by mistake, please contact the website administrator.
Do you have any idea?

Thanks given by:
How do i login to my control panel?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Module Rainloop Webmail rizkypratama 1 5 ,414 09-17-2017, 10:36 PM
Last Post: betatester3.0
WHMCS module - Unable to setup second site for client chrismetalrock 6 15 ,099 05-23-2017, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Rynoxx
SSH Client for sentora elpapoelg 1 6 ,357 05-27-2016, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Me.B