This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

unable to connect to vps ip using ftp
unable to connect to vps ip using ftp
My FTP on Sentora worked just fine but I tried the same methods on the same for my friends VPS and this is the result i get.

FOR MY FRIENDS VPS
I just tried to fresh install Sentora twice; and both times it says the "DNS" wasn't programmed properly; for the VPS IP. I installed the subdirectory for the IP on the name registerar with my friends VPS IP which i'm working on.
I also added zpanel as the subdirectory for cloudflare which is what I use, and the nameservers are programmed for the cloudflare and the main domain points to the VPS IP just fine. I did a CNAME for Zpanel to point to the main domain which is what i did for mine..

Everytime I try to connect via FTP I get connection refused, no matter what I do. I can connect to the zpanel just fine; just can't connect to the FTP
I tried reinstalling the OS twice; and the same thing happens. Unsure whats going on.

When I applied the private nameservers as I said; because my main nameservers is cloudflare; The Propagation was quick and didn't have to wait. The domain registerar is different though; could that have a issue private nameservers?

apperently now it wants to work... I deleted the NS1, zpanel subdirectory for the domain, and re-entered the IP and it took about 5-10 minutes to reconfigure after I installed the OS 4 times for it to work.
Thanks given by:
RE: unable to connect to vps ip using ftp
Did you try to connect using server ip as FTP server ?

What port did you use?

Did you create an ftp account on the target server?

Also don't get why you are talking a lot over zpanel here?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Sorry Zpanel became Sentora and I keep mentioning that here sorry. I use that as my domain for Sentora Control Panel; so I apologize..

I used the server IP because I can't connect to the FTP via Panguro.com and when I connect to mine xryu.org without the server IP I can't connect to the FTP at all.

I can connect to mine just fine; using the server IP i just couldn't connect to hers.
and is there any configuration to speed up a Upload Speed of the FTP? The max cap on (alot of small files) is 250kb, but it doesn't affect Large sized files.
Thanks given by:
Your DNS is all messed up from the sounds of it... Since you are using cloudflare, Me.B can help you there Wink

About the upload speed, there are no restrictions unless your host is controlling that?
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Since the VPS is unmanaged, and I have full control of the OS; there is no restriction for the speed; well there shouldn't be. Unless the "DNS" Is conflicting with it. Otherwise it'd have to be with ProFTPD that is causing the issue; I'll ask my host if they limit the Upload "speed" of all the FTP accounts, but I doubt they do since I still have full control of the VPS Server since its unmanaged as I said.
Thanks given by:
So, the data is basically unencrypted at the end-point and then sent to the FTP server?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
can't connect to ftp.. lonewolf91 3 12 ,439 12-13-2017, 05:32 PM
Last Post: varun.naharia
COULD NOT CONNECT TO SERVER ipanjan 8 20 ,693 12-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Last Post: varun.naharia
How to setup and connect via FTP? cagross 5 16 ,989 06-28-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: TGates