This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Nameservers
Nameservers
Good day, 

I require help with nameservers. I have got my main domain to point to my server and that works perfectly, I now need to point a clients domain to my nameservers. I have added the domian to sentora panel and under the dns manager I changed under the ns tab to my nameservers as when i selected for sentora to add records it added ns1.theirdomain.tld and ns2.theirdomain.tld. 

The issue is when I go their registrar and try and add the nameservers it I get the following error 

The nameserver specified does not correspond to the domain you are trying to register. No update will occur.

Please try again later, if the problem persist contact support.

Urgent help required 

Kind Regards 
Jhonny Gainz
Thanks given by:
RE: Nameservers
Okay so i got the nameservers to work but when I type the web address it goes to the old website
Thanks given by:
There are various ways of setting up DNS/nameservers in our docs. Here is one for use with single server IP: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=95
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2016, 12:29 AM)TGates Wrote: There are various ways of setting up DNS/nameservers in our docs. Here is one for use with single server IP: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=95

Just not work..
I make and this your guide in this thread: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1344
And still nothing..

GoDaddy support said, The problem is in your host. The nemeservers is registered and work correct..

What can i do now?
Thanks given by:
PM me your zadmin URL and login info and your godaddy info and will check it out if you want.

Thanks given by:
I found my problem, after 2 years using zpanel and sentora.
My ISP block port 53, i contact with them and i want to unblock and now everything is good.
Thanks given by:
(09-26-2016, 02:44 AM)kini Wrote: I found my problem, after 2 years using zpanel and sentora.
My ISP block port 53, i contact with them and i want to unblock and now everything is good.

Glad you figured it out and got it sorted. Thanks for posting what fixed your issue.

Thanks given by:
Hi,
I've just started using Sentora and everything seemed to be going smoothly but I'm not seeing
the sentora message just server not found after adding a domain that's gone live, showing it's ready for files.

I'm using a digital ocean droplet for my server and added the main domain and the sub per
instructions.Sad My main domain registrar is namecheap.
Thanks given by:
And you pointed your domain at your server's IP? (Just checking lol)
Also, after you add a domain you need to go into DNS manager and let it create the default records for the domain otherwise you will still have no DNS records setup for the new domain.
Then it may take up to 24 hours for propagation around the web.

Also for future reference, start a new topic rather than hijack/re-open an older thread. Thanks!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Nameservers on own domain mares992 12 28 ,803 08-02-2017, 05:49 AM
Last Post: mares992