This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Help Getting Started
Help Getting Started
Hey everyone. I'm not new to PHP but I am new to control panel development. I need assistance getting started writing a module for Sentora. I have a few ideas for alternative database support. I want to make a theme too. I downloaded some here and see that .ztml is really PHP. For instance, what editor do you use to view changes to your template without reuploading to the server everytime?

I had no problems installing and configuring sentora. It looks like a great project so far and I'm interested in contributing.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
RE: Help Getting Started
Check the docs first.

There is a lot to do so any contribution is always welcome.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(05-21-2016, 04:07 AM)Me.B Wrote: Check the docs first.

There is a lot to do so any contribution is always welcome.

Read all the docs. I am confident I understand:
  • Creating a package repository
  • Creating the correct folder structure for .zzp files
  • Writing XML commands (XMWS) that call functions from an api endpoint
  • Writing views that use templating to fetch values and interact with the controller.ext.php script
  • Using the module update service
  • Using hooks
  • Enabling debug info
Many http://developer.zpanelcp.com links could not be followed up as the url is broken.

Where I need guidance is:
  • how to edit my template without uploading to my server over and over so I can view my changes
  • how I would begin writing a Redis module that installed Redis and add users and tables much like MySQL & phpMyAdmin
  • API documentation & tutorials 
Thanks given by:
bumping
Thanks given by:
1. no solution for live template editing! you can use a samba share and then edit directly from windows ( sentora on a VM).

2. Redis module... If you want.
3. Api might change soon.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Ok will the next API have documentation I can begin peaking?

Redis module is what I'm interrested in developing for Sentora. I don't know how to begin coding that module properly. Are there any example modules?
Thanks given by:
Any currently working module would work as an example Wink
Find one that does similar to what you need to accomplish and work from there. Take bits and pieces from different modules or just code it from scratch.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: