This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

After upgrade to MySQL 5.6 create Mysql user no longer works
After upgrade to MySQL 5.6 create Mysql user no longer works
I updated this way

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...3#pid13913

I can create mysql DB's in interface and current Websites all work fine.

Only when i create a mysql user in sentora i get this error 500.

please assist in troubleshooting this...
Thanks given by:
RE: After upgrade to MySQL 5.6 create Mysql user no longer works
Sorry as I said out of our support scope here and urged you to test before.

Seem there might be a change in MySQL that breaks user management, you might need to try to watch logs for errors. Try to check MySQL error log.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 07:34 PM)Me.B Wrote: Sorry as I said out of our support scope here and urged you to test before.

Seem there might be a change in MySQL that breaks user management, you might need to try to watch logs for errors. Try to check MySQL error log.

M B

So how so i get support on it then? Premium Service?

Why is Sentora still using old MySQL 5.1? When will it be updated in the Sentora Update script?
Thanks given by:
As explained many times, Sentora uses what ever version the currently installed OS uses according to their default repositories.

I recently created a server with Ubuntu 14.04:
Server OS:
[Image: Ubuntu.png] Ubuntu
Apache Version:
PHP Version:
5.5.9-1ubuntu4.13
MySQL Version:
5.5.44-0ubuntu0.14.04.1

Premium support is for default installs and their related packages, not upgrading away from those default installs since there are way too many variations and issues that can pop up. (Pretty much the same with regular forum support by the staff.)

As Me.B suggested, have you checked the mysql logs for errors? PHP logs might also show something. This is the first place to look in 99% of all cases and will provide the answer or a direction to go in.

What do your logs say?

Nevermind, will continue on your original post: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=2233
Locking this one.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: admtiagonogueira

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
PLEASE HOW DO I UPGRADE FROM 5.1 TO 7.4 franselect 4 15 ,113 04-22-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: PromptAttestation
Upgrade Kinda Work - Domain Issues Now ppcseopro 6 23 ,164 04-18-2020, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Jettaman
How to upgrade php and mysql version? davidlambda 4 28 ,531 03-11-2020, 06:16 PM
Last Post: davidlambda