This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Uploaded Website Not Updating
Uploaded Website Not Updating
Hello,

I have linked my domain with VPS and I was trying to upload the website through MFM.

When I first logged on, there was no public_html directory, so I created a new folder called public_html and uploaded all of my files (including index.html) on the directory. However, my website keeps displaying the "Your hosting space is ready..." message and keeps telling me to remove or replace the index.html file.

I'm really new to this and I'm quite confused on what to do in order to fix this. I have set the site up few days ago without any trouble, but I had to re-do it because Dynadot hosting service accidentally cancelled my order. 

Thank you so much in advance!
Thanks given by:
RE: Uploaded Website Not Updating
just guessing but do you know the hosting files are in a different directory then other control-panels use.
Take a look at: /public_html/domain_com/index.html or the full path: /var/sentora/hostdata/username/public_html/domain_com/index.html

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by: GiantEspresso
(04-18-2020, 09:02 PM)Ron-e Wrote: just guessing but do you know the hosting files are in a different directory then other control-panels use.
Take a look at: /public_html/domain_com/index.html or the full path: /var/sentora/hostdata/username/public_html/domain_com/index.html

Thank you for replying!

I'm not too sure how to access that though. When I go on MFM, I just see the files that I have created, and I can't see the files that you are mentioning right now.

Thank you
Thanks given by:
i Don't know what mfm is.
Just make a FTP login thru Sentora, then go to /public_html/domain_com/index.html and there are the files assuming you created the domain already inside Sentora of course..

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Split Website log files. spoonman 1 3 ,256 01-01-2022, 10:00 AM
Last Post: TGates
Site Not Updating changes made in The HTML file me7leelee 4 8 ,036 05-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Last Post: 5050
The website don't load naire 1 4 ,545 10-15-2019, 11:48 PM
Last Post: jamesmango