This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

PhpMyAdmin
PhpMyAdmin
How do i find the Username and Password for PhpMyadmin?
I run Ubunto 14.04
Thanks given by:
RE: PhpMyAdmin
(12-16-2018, 07:11 AM)MadDog Wrote: How do i find the Username and Password for PhpMyadmin?
I run Ubunto 14.04

If you mean the root user, so you can see the Sentora core table and settings etc., the username is "root" and the password is in a text file on your server:

Code:
vi ./passwords.txt

There you will see "MySQL Root Password" which you can copy and use as the password for phpMyAdmin.

Of course, this assumes you haven't changed the password for the root MySQL user since you installed Sentora. If you have changed it somewhere along the line, then you will need to Google "mysql reset root password"... Smile

Keith.
Thanks given by: MadDog
thank you so much!
Thanks given by:
Now i have a issue with loging into Senora. I installed it successfully. I even screen shot the user and password and imputing it exactly how it should be, but it's not working.
Thanks given by:
(12-16-2018, 09:10 AM)MadDog Wrote: Now i have a issue with loging into Senora. I installed it successfully. I even screen shot the user and password and imputing it exactly how it should be, but it's not working.

You haven't given anyone much to go on here, but as you previously asked for info to log into phpMyAdmin, would I be correct in guessing you have changed some settings in the database?

If so, you have probably broken your installation of Sentora.

Of course it might be something else completely - but "it's not working" doesn't give me enough info to help you.

You will have to look at everything you have done between the last time you were able to log in successfully and the moment it stopped letting you log in.

Or reinstall Sentora and don't mess around with it next time...!

Keith.
(12-16-2018, 09:10 AM)MadDog Wrote: Now i have a issue with loging into Senora. I installed it successfully. I even screen shot the user and password and imputing it exactly how it should be, but it's not working.

I am assuming you mean you can't login with your details from the screenshot. If that is true you can try resetting zadmin password before reinstalling sentora as fearworks suggested.

http://docs.sentora.org/?node=43

Else, your best bet is to reinstall.
(12-16-2018, 01:46 PM)republicus Wrote: I am assuming you mean you can't login with your details from the screenshot. If that is true you can try resetting zadmin password before reinstalling sentora as fearworks suggested.

http://docs.sentora.org/?node=43

Else, your best bet is to reinstall.

Thank you! that helped a LOT! 

Now i just have an issue with connecting Filezilla to the FTP. I made a FTP.
Host: Server IP
username: FTP username
password: FTP Password
port default: 21
Not connecting at all... is there something i'm doing wrong?

I know for a fact username and password and IP is correct.

i can connect via SMTP, but even then i can't find the main directory i set up.
Thanks given by:
(12-16-2018, 04:07 PM)MadDog Wrote: Thank you! that helped a LOT! 

Now i just have an issue with connecting Filezilla to the FTP. I made a FTP.
Host: Server IP
username: FTP username
password: FTP Password
port default: 21
Not connecting at all... is there something i'm doing wrong?

I know for a fact username and password and IP is correct.

i can connect via SMTP, but even then i can't find the main directory i set up.

Ah yes, the password reset facility... sometimes I forget the obvious  Confused

Ok, the FTP issue is something I'm not sure about as you aren't running CentOS. There's a known issue at the moment with ProFTPD installing correctly on CentOS 7, but you're on Ubuntu so not so sure.

First thing would be to check if ProFTPD is running? Then check if port 21 is open in your server firewall, and make sure your ISP aren't blocking it for some reason. SMTP is an entirely different protocol for mail transfer, not for file operations, so that doesn't really say much about the FTP module.

Does FTP show as running in the Sentora Service Status page?

Keith
(12-16-2018, 04:36 PM)fearworks Wrote: Ah yes, the password reset facility... sometimes I forget the obvious  Confused

Ok, the FTP issue is something I'm not sure about as you aren't running CentOS. There's a known issue at the moment with ProFTPD installing correctly on CentOS 7, but you're on Ubuntu so not so sure.

First thing would be to check if ProFTPD is running? Then check if port 21 is open in your server firewall, and make sure your ISP aren't blocking it for some reason. SMTP is an entirely different protocol for mail transfer, not for file operations, so that doesn't really say much about the FTP module.

Does FTP show as running in the Sentora Service Status page?

Keith

Yes all services are running. yes the port is open. I know it's not my ISP because i have had a web host before that used port 21 for there FTP.

is there anything wrong with my DNS?

https://intodns.com/oldschoolspaceempire.tk

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(12-16-2018, 05:08 PM)MadDog Wrote: Yes all services are running. yes the port is open. I know it's not my ISP because i have had a web host before that used port 21 for there FTP.

is there anything wrong with my DNS?

https://intodns.com/oldschoolspaceempire.tk

Are you sure the port is open and the service is running?

Your IP address is 159.89.226.3. If you check this site:

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

and enter your IP address and port 21, it says it is closed. Your other common ports seem to be open but not 21, so there's either nothing answering on port 21, or it can't answer because it is blocked. Are you sure you're running Ubuntu? Are you sure ProFTPD is running?

The DNS isn't the issue.

Keith

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
[split] Can Not Log Into PHPMyAdmin or Webmail after upgrading to PHP 7.1.24 ogika 2 4 ,133 09-14-2021, 06:25 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Upgrading phpmyadmin testing 0 2 ,038 07-04-2020, 05:26 AM
Last Post: testing
Can Not Log Into PHPMyAdmin or Webmail after upgrading to PHP 7.1.24 King0321 7 13 ,915 12-03-2018, 07:01 AM
Last Post: worksmarter