This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

POP3 accounts under external software
POP3 accounts under external software
Hi there.

I am facing some issues regarding my POP3 accounts under my CP. It seems that everything is working just fine from the Roundcube Webmail, I might say without any issue at all. But if I try to use any software like Outlook, Thunderbird or even a cell phone to get my emails under my accounts in the server, I can receive emails but I cannot send any email from my server.

I dont know if someone faced the same issue here, but I try to check in the forum for similar posts, somehow I did not found any regarding this issue.

I kindly ask if someone can help me on this. My best regards to you all.
'' Life is full of important choices ''
Help Sentora Donate now => http://sentora.org/donate Blush
Thanks given by:
RE: POP3 accounts under external software
(10-07-2018, 10:08 AM)wormsunited Wrote: Hi there.

I am facing some issues regarding my POP3 accounts under my CP. It seems that everything is working just fine from the Roundcube Webmail, I might say without any issue at all. But if I try to use any software like Outlook, Thunderbird or even a cell phone to get my emails under my accounts in the server, I can receive emails but I cannot send any email from my server.

I dont know if someone faced the same issue here, but I try to check in the forum for similar posts, somehow I did not found any regarding this issue.

I kindly ask if someone can help me on this. My best regards to you all.

I think there could be a number of reasons why this is happening.

Your firewall might not be set up correctly, you might need to set up SSL/TLS certificates on your server, or you might just not be using the right settings. POP3 and IMAP are only used to retrieve the email messages to your device or mail client, so if you are receiving then you can probably assume POP3 or IMAP is working for you. SMTP is used to send emails, so if you are finding this is not working (apart from when in Roundcube, which is local to the MTA on your server) then you need to look at that protocol, the ports associated with it, which certificates you have set up - if any - and work from there.

It's almost impossible to diagnose a mail issue without information about the server. If I knew your domain and IP info then I would be able to see what ports are listening, if you have certificates, etc. so if you want to PM them to me I don't mind taking a look.

Also, mail clients can offer so many configuration options (for example, on my Android phone, when I add a new mail account, I need to tell it which ports to use for IMAP/POP3 and for SMTP, whether to authenticate, whether to use a secure connection, and so on) that selecting the wrong setup here could lead to problems with sending or receiving.

Of course there may also be DNS issues, but if you are receiving to Roundcube from external accounts, I doubt this is the problem.

Keith
Thanks given by:
Hi there! First of all, thank you for supporting me and making this reply.

I have checked a few configurations, here is a list of how they are in my server right now under Sentora Configs:
  • Mail method 
    Mail
  • Remote Login Forms
    True
  • SMTP Auth method
    False (no SSL/TLS)
  • SMTP Port
  • Use AUTH
    True
  • Use SMTP
    True
As far as I can see, these settings should make it work. If needed, I am going to PM you.

My best regards,
Pedro
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2018, 09:28 AM)wormsunited Wrote: Hi there! First of all, thank you for supporting me and making this reply.

I have checked a few configurations, here is a list of how they are in my server right now under Sentora Configs:
  • Mail method 
    Mail
  • Remote Login Forms
    True
  • SMTP Auth method
    False (no SSL/TLS)
  • SMTP Port
  • Use AUTH
    True
  • Use SMTP
    True
As far as I can see, these settings should make it work. If needed, I am going to PM you.

My best regards,
Pedro

I don't think any of those settings have anything to do with your problem - as far as I know, those settings are all Sentora settings, and determine how Sentora sends emails when it needs to.

Your issue is likely to be with your mail server configuration.

If you can set up a temporary mailbox for me on your server then I can probably tell you exactly what the problem(s) are as a starting point - but if you are wanting to do this, PM me the details.

Keith
Thanks given by:
i use port 25 for sending email and works fine..

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
Somehow I got the port 587, I am really not sure why...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
External mail client cannot connect to server iraqiboy90 2 6 ,147 02-28-2021, 11:34 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
Cannot receive emails from external domain davidlambda 3 8 ,822 10-18-2018, 01:15 AM
Last Post: fearworks
Mail Forwarding not working for external domain and gmail Jenya 0 3 ,362 05-23-2017, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Jenya